Monday, August 21, 2006

August 19, 2006




My carpenter arrived on time as usual, but he could only work a half-day. We applied the Tyvek on two walls and thought we could also install the windows. We discovered the windows would look much better after the siding is installed. I plan to have wood trim around all the windows. If the windows are installed before the siding, they will be countersunk into the siding, leaving no edge for the wood trim.





We partially nailed up the siding to the studs on two sides. Z-flashing and caulk will be applied at the bottom of the siding to keep out those pesky termites. I will finish nailing the siding and installing the Z-flashing later. My carpenter had to leave at this point.







My wife decided to help me for the remainder of the day. We were only able to install the Tyvek on the remaining two walls. The gables will also need Tyvek, but that's for another day.

No comments: