Sunday, August 13, 2006

August 12, 2006

Yesterday afternoon, I obtained the electrical permit. It was a lot faster than I expected. The best time to get permits I have learned is in the morning at opening and 30 minutes before closing.

We started work on the other half of the roof. The waterproof membrane was applied underneath the roofing felt. We had help from a friend from my old neighborhood. He saved us a lot of time in moving shingles up to the roof.












We finally completed the roof and used all eleven bundles of shingles with only six sheets of shingles remaining. I just have some minor work trimming shingles on the rear which you cannot see. We even installed two windows at the top. The next steps are to: install the remaining windows; install the soffits; install the siding; and finally install the French Double Door. The interior will be the next challenge. My wife has already started thinking about how it should look.

No comments: